Take the Earth Pledge! Going green is easier than you think. There are little things you can do every day to help reduce greenhouse gases & make a less harmful impact on the environment; which means you get to save animals AND feel good! How great does that sound?!
1. Recycle. You can help reduce pollution just by putting that soda can in a different bin. Easy peasy, right?
2. Turn off lights when you're not in the room and unplug appliances when you're not using them. It only takes a second to be environmentally conscious.
3. Pay attention to how you use water. The little things can make a big difference- every time you turn off the water while you're brushing your teeth, you're helping the environment.
4. Eat locally-produced and organic food. It has been estimated that 13% of U.S. greenhouse gas emissions result from the production and transport of food. Transporting food requires petroleum-based fuels, and many fertilizers are also fossil fuel-based.. no bueno.
5. Leave your car at home- meaning walk or ride your bike whenever you can. If you can stay off the road just two days a week, you'll reduce greenhouse gas emissions by an average of 1,590 pounds per year [source: EPA].
6. Turn off lights when you're not in the room and unplug appliances when you're not using them. It only takes a second to be environmentally conscious (AND save money!)
7. We know this is a hard one for some people, but: cut the beef and dairy for ONE DAY a week. It's a small change, but it will help. Plus honestly almond milk is the bomb.com
8. Clean your air filters so your air conditioning system doesn't have to work overtime, and again, save yourself some mulah!
9. Maintain your car. Underinflated tires decrease fuel economy by up to three percent and lead to increased pollution and higher greenhouse gas emissions [Source: EPA].
10. Use eco-friendly sunscreen like Hang Ten, Raw Elements USA, or Stream2Sea. (https://hangtensunscreen.com/, https://www.rawelementsusa.com/, www.stream2sea.com/products).
To take the Earth Pledge, repost one of these facts on instagram for your friends to see and tag #TakeTheEarthPledge! The earth thanks you in advance :)